Tuesday, February 8, 2011

8. {ruby red shoes}

I got complimented on my red shoes today!
Made me happy.
Because these happen to be one of my favorite pairs.
.
.
I thought alot of about the compliment the rest of my morning out running arrons....
what triggers people to pay you a nice compliment?
Is it purely cuz they Like what they see?
Is it cuz they want you to think they are nice people?
is it truly sincere?
OR it is cuz they are just plainly a nice person who wanted to brighten my day.
.
Funny how I thought about this all the way home..........
I then grabbed my mail before I returned inside.
Through all the bills, newspapers, Ads, dentist reminders and coupons....
I see this small little envelope addressed just to me.
who is this?
I was so excited to see!.
.
It was a card.
To me from a friend.
Actually a friend of mine for many years who is also friends with my mother.
I read the message 3 times.
Then cried. THEN read it again!
Most of the message I will keep just for me to treasure. ;)
but I can say, She was PURELY directed by the spirit to send me this card.
Boy did I EVER need this today!
I needed those kind words and nice reminders of my family and who I am.
She is a follower of my blog....and I adore her.
and Its just amazing how HF uses our friends and family as tools.
.
and to make matters even SWEETER.....she inserted a few dollar bills for me to indulge in more then ONE Sonic drinks.
Just for me.
she knows me so WELL!!
.
.
Soooooooooooooo, todays LOVE IS:
Some days {like today} I feel unworthy of Compliments and kind words.
I'm sure we have all felt this.
I have made mistakes....and we are the ones who beat us up the MOST!
Its the friends, Family and even pure strangers
that rebuild our broken wings.
I love them!
I'm thankful for them!
I need them!
.
.
.
.
Here is some bits and peices of Autumn's birthday party coming up this weekend.
She is counting down the hours!
I was also informed that the girls are going to a valentines dance this weekend as well!.
awh!
not yet girls......not YET!!
looks like we need to go dress shopping. :)
.
.
Love is in the air.

5 comments:

Morgan Greaves said...

Love this post! I taught Relief Society this past Sunday on the "Power" of Love. I was taught a great lessson while reading the BOM this past month, while preparing for my lesson...we are instructed over and over on almost every single page of the BOM to do one thing...keep the commandments. Guess what the 1st two great commandments include...LOVE!!! You should check out the video on LDS.org, Charity: An Example of the Believers. It just makes you feel good like your cute post!

Marvett Smith said...

Ha! I taught the lesson in RS on Sunday too on the Great and Wonderful love! It hurts me to watch my daughter beat herself up the way she does, and I know our HF feels awful when we do the same. :)

Natalie said...

How fun - I love getting GOOD mail!!! You are so loved....i love the shoes too (and I'm not just sayin' that so you think i am nice LOL) Those owls are the bomb - will you be in charge of my kids birthday parties...the need you as their mother :)

Natalie said...

How fun - I love getting GOOD mail!!! You are so loved....i love the shoes too (and I'm not just sayin' that so you think i am nice LOL) Those owls are the bomb - will you be in charge of my kids birthday parties...the need you as their mother :)

Amber Madsen said...

I am glad you are sooo LOVED! It's amazing how things seem to lift you up just when you need it!! Ummm, can I be invited to the Birthday Party?? I promise I will act nice and not be too much to handle!!!
Those SHOES are to DIE for!!! I LOVE 'em!